Helping students afford the education of their dreams
Students across the country work hard to earn top marks, dreaming of the college they’ll attend and the education they’ll receive. Unfortunately, many of these students won’t be able to afford it.
We want these students to reach their full potential. To help them accomplish this, our network of U.S. Chapters, along with the global office of RMHC, offer scholarships to students in financial need who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and community involvement. Since 1985, more than $60 million in scholarships have been awarded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Beginning October 1, 2016, students may apply online. CLICK HERE Graduating high school seniors may only apply for one of the four scholarships. The deadline for the 2016 academic year is January 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM Central Time Zone, and all mailed back-up documents must be postmarked by the same date. Applicants will be notified of scholarship award status by June 16, 2017.
Search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the program and the application process and apply here beginning on October 1, 2016.
General Eligibility Requirements
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be younger than 21 years old
- Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or technical school with a full course of study
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline of the application
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
- Provide verification of enrollment each year at respective accredited post-secondary institution